Sweden’s longest running open competition. We’ve been around since 1978!
The individual classes are separated by grade, but… the medallists of each open class move up into the next. So this is a great opportunity to take on everyone.
The 3-man team shiai of SKO is a Kachinuki (勝ち抜き戦) – the winner stays on. If you want to show the world what you are made of, this is the time.
Incomplete teams will be matched with team-less fighters on site.
|Dates||15-16 october 2022|
|Examination||1-5 dan (see separate menu section)|
|Applications||Form is open!|
+46 709-15 24 34
We are proud to present the special Shinpan committee of SKO 2022
- Mats Wahlqvist, Kyoshi 7 dan, Sweden
- Markus Frey, Kyoshi 7 dan, Finland
- Oscar Kimura, 7 dan, Switzerland
- Kumi Sato, 7 dan, Sweden
- Guido Minnaert, 7 dan, The Netherlands
- Kari Ruuhilahti, Kyoshi 7 dan, Finland
- Nils Björkegård, Renshi 7 dan, Sweden
Stockholm Kendo Open sponsor Meijin Budoshop will be selling their products at the venue.
They are also contributing a set of white oak Bokuto, Tachi and Kodachi, to the winner of the 1-2 dan class.